9 Easy Spring Cleaning Tips
Though the first day of spring was Sunday, March 20 it is not too late to spring clean your home. Here are some easy spring cleaning tips below.
- Ceiling fan blades – Remove dirt and dust from your ceiling fans by wiping them down. The last things you want are for your family and friends to be breathing in these particles.
- Cutting boards – Disinfect and wash cutting boards to get rid of any dangerous pathogens they may be harboring.
- Expired items – Go through your pantry, refrigerator, freezer, cabinets and drawers and throw away any expired food, medicines or cosmetic items.
- Overlooked surfaces – Don’t forget to wash your baseboards, cabinet walls, crown molding, doors and door frames, light fixtures, light switches, and walls. Move your furniture and appliances to clean up under them. These areas sometimes overlook surfaces that don’t get cleaned regularly.
- Deep clean appliances – Take out all of the items in your fridge and freezer and then wipe down the inside of these (shelves, bins) before putting your items back. Give your oven a thorough cleaning as well to old food particles that have built up.
- Dresser drawers and closets – Put your winter clothes up and replace your closets and drawers with spring and summer clothes.
- Window washing – Wash your windows on a cloudy day. You should do this so that the cleaning solution doesn’t dry to quickly and leave unwanted streaks on the windows.
- Replace doormats – Swap out your winter doormat for a spring doormat. This will do away with any dirt and bacteria that may have gathered over winter and also add color to your front door.
- Get rid of clutter – One of the easiest ways to spring clean your home is by purging the clutter you’ve amassed. From clothes to old mail and newspapers you should donate, throw out or give away items you don’t want or need or haven’t used in a while to your neighbors. This will help make spring cleaning your home easier.
By following these spring cleaning tips you will be saying hello to happiness and welcoming the season by keeping your home fresh and smelling good!
French Brothers is a premier home builder in Alamogordo NM offering growing families spacious, energy-efficient new homes! If you are currently in the market for homes for sale in Hobbs NM, Alamogordo NM, Roswell NM, or Las Cruces NM, contact us today!
Tags: homes for sale alamogordo nm, homes for sale las cruces nm, new homes alamogordo nm