Buying a New Construction Home: What You Need to Know
Though there are parallels between buying a resale home and buying a brand-new construction home, there are stark differences. Here’s what you need to know about buying a new construction home.
- Get qualified – The first step to buying a new construction home is to get qualified. You should work with a lender to secure your loan. Many builders, like new homes in Alamogordo NM builder French Brothers, has fantastic preferred lenders you can work with to obtain your loan.
- Research your desired community – Even with building a new construction home, it is all about location, location, location. Research the communities and areas your builder builds. Walk around the community to get a feel of what it would be like to live there.
- Sign the builder agreement and choose your homesite – After touring the various communities you are now ready to choose your homesite and floor plan. You will have to sign a builder agreement to get started.
- Choose your features – This is where you will be able to personalize your new home. Work with the Design Studio to make your selections. You will be able to select standard options or you may decide to upgrade. Pick what will work for you now and for years to come.
- Stay updated throughout the homebuying process – Attend the preplanned quality walkthroughs to meet with the builder to see the progress that has been made.
- Close on your home – Your new home is built and so it is time to close! You will sign on the dotted line and get the keys to your brand-new home.