Celebrate Mother’s Day in Your Alamogordo New Homes
Mother’s Day is a day set aside to show mom how much she means to you. As your family gets ready for May 11, French Brothers Homes offers up these tips for celebrating Mother’s Day in your Alamogordo new homes.
- Mommy Day Off – Moving is a long and exhausting process. And Mom has been busy turning your house into a home as she helps the family get settled. I think we all can agree that she deserves a much-needed break, especially on Mother’s Day. Allow her to sleep in for a change, make her breakfast in bed (minus the runny eggs, burnt toast or half-cooked pancakes of course), unpack boxes, complete chores and help out with whatever is on her list of things to get done around the house. She will truly appreciate some much needed “me time.”
- Everlasting Memory – Trees and gardens are great for the environment and do wonders for curb appeal. Celebrate Mother’s Day by rolling up the sleeves and getting into the dirt as a family to plant a tree or flower garden at your new home. This will create an everlasting memory Mom will surely appreciate as she watches the flowers bloom or the tree grow as the family grows into your new home.
- Home Cooked Meal – Moving into a new home means you’re most likely on a budget. This year may be the year to skip the fancy brunch or expensive dinner at an area restaurant. Instead save money by firing up the grill or putting those Whirlpool or GE appliances to use by cooking at home. Your lovely dining room or covered patio is the perfect setting for a Mother’s Day meal. If you’d like something outdoors, consider a picnic in Silverado’s beautiful, large community park.
- Mom Cave – Does Mom need a home office? Does she love sewing, arts and crafts or yoga? Or does she need a quiet retreat to get away from the hustle and bustle of your family? Consider creating a Mom Cave. Mom will truly love the time and effort you put in to build a room in your new home that she can call her own.
- Mommy Décor – Nothing is better than a personalized gift. And since you just moved into your new home the walls are probably bare. Add to your design with some décor just for her. Shadow boxes filled with her favorite memories from over the years, a family portrait, photographs of her with the women in her life (mother, daughter, grandmother, etc.) or a framed poem will look lovely displayed on the walls of your new home.
What are some ways you plan on celebrating Mother’s Day? Share your unique ideas on our Facebook page. Being a mother is a hard, never ending and thankless job. We wish all our new homes in Alamogordo moms a wonderful Mother’s Day. You deserve it!Tags: home builder alamogordo nm, homes for sale alamogordo nm, new homes alamogordo nm