How Do You Create Stylish Family-Friendly Home?
Just because you have kids doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice style for functionality. In fact, you can have both. Use the tips below to decorate your home stylishly the family-friendly way.
- Cover it up – Use slip covers on your dining room chairs, sofas and couches to create a clean and fresh look in your home. These can be easily removed and cleaned up when they get dirty from the kids or even your homes in Roswell NM neighbors during gatherings or holiday meals.
- Dining room table – A repurposed solid wood table is the perfect choice for your dining room. This natural table is forgiven to crayon markings, water stains and other imperfections that may be made by the kids. Plus, it’s something that can grow with your family as your children get older.
- Ottomans – An ottoman is an ideal kid-friendly substitute for a coffee table. You’ll avoid sharp corners while providing a place to conceal items and add seating. You can also put a tray on top of it to display books or keep beverages on.
- Pillows, pillows, and more pillows – Throw pillows can add great pops of color to a room while providing a comfortable palate to lounge on for your family and guests.
- Storage baskets/bins – You can never have enough storage as a family. Decorative fabric or woven baskets are perfect for storing things like teddy bears, toys and smaller items. These can go under tables or in the corner of a room. Purchase ones that have a color or patter that reflects your style while creating a functional solution in your home.
French Brothers would like to hear from our homes in Roswell NM homebuyers. How did you decorate to create a stylish but family-friendly home? Let us know on our Facebook post.Tags: home builder alamogordo nm, new homes for sale roswell nm, new homes roswell nm