Five Beginner Landscaping Tips!
Quality landscaping is the perfect way to boost your home’s curb appeal. But you don’t have to pick up the phone and call the professionals to achieve a beautifully landscaped yard. Get a green thumb and take on your own DIY landscaping project. Here are five beginner landscaping tips to help get you started.
- Landscaping Vocabulary – Annual, deciduous, espalier, hybrid, perennial and rhizome are common but very important terms to know. Knowing these, as well as other landscaping terms, will help you know where to plant things when to plant things and what types of plants spread, etc. You’ll have a better idea of what you’re getting into and hopefully help you avoid costly mistakes in the process.
- Be Realistic with your Budget – If you’ve set a max budget of $500 you should probably raise it to the $800 – $1,000 price range. When you do the math, things like hardscape supplies, mulch, plants and rental equipment add up and add up quickly. A low budget probably won’t take you far, whereas a higher budget will allow you to do more and buy the necessary materials needed to make your landscaping project fabulous.
- List Out your Wants and Needs – With your budget set, it’s time to assess your wants and needs. Do you have to accommodate a dog that needs space to run around and play? Do the kids want a play area? Or maybe you have an outdoor living area in mind. Visualize how you want to see your landscaping and also how you’d like to use it. List out these things so you have a good place to start.
- Smaller is Better – The phrase “go big or go home” does not apply to landscaping. Though many home improvement shows display landscaping projects transformed into nirvana in 30 minutes or less, it’s not realistic. Start small by maybe adding pops of color to your yard or planting a tree and creating a bed of flowers around it. You’ll build your confidence and be able to tackle bigger projects in the future.
- Plant Outside the Bed – Don’t be bound to plant inside the bed. Plants can go both inside and outside the bed. Ideal areas are along paths or within a natural landscape. Do what’s best for the overall look of your project.
French Brothers Homes is passionate about creating an outstanding home buying and home-building experience for each of our customers. We aim to understand what you want in a home and in a home builder. If you’re interested in purchasing a home in NM give us a call at 575-622-4188.Tags: new homes for sale roswell nm, new homes roswell nm