How to Choose The Right Neighborhood
The neighborhood is just as important as the home you choose. You should not only purchase a home you like but purchase a home in a neighborhood you like as well. Each neighborhood will have a different personality. Here are some tips on how to choose the right neighborhood for you and your family.
- Map it out – What will your daily commute be like? Do you mind a long drive or would you rather live close to work? What amenities is your neighborhood close to? What is the neighborhoods proximity to highways and major roads? It’s important to think about your lifestyle and the places you will need to frequent often. This can include pharmacies, hospitals, grocery stores, banks, restaurants, museums, shopping centers, the gym, parks, rec centers and other extracurricular activities that you may partake in. Being close to everything can come in handy for a busy family or if you live an active lifestyle.
- Access to good schools – When it comes to choosing the right neighborhood it is important to consider the school district your neighborhood is assigned to and their rankings. This is important whether you have children, planning a family or neither. Ask your realtor, call up the school district, and just do your research. Living in a community that is located in a sought after school district will raise your property value school.
- Crime reports and statistics – Get crime stats of the neighborhoods you’re considering. Though no neighborhood is immune from crime the type of crimes in your desired community can be a determining factor on whether or not you’ll want to live there. Check online as well as with your local police station. Community boards and asking homeowners in the neighborhood is also a good idea.
- Check out the neighbors – Don’t wait until after you move in to get to know your neighbors. By studying your neighborhood you can find out how well they take care of their lawns, if there are kids you children’s age to play with, etc.
- Visit during different times of the day – Get a feel of how the neighborhood is during different times of the day. How it is during the morning can be quite different during how it is in the afternoon or evening.
- Future development plans – You may love the look and feel of the neighborhood now but you may not later. Find out what is in store for the neighborhood and surrounding area in the future. Will a shopping center be built? Are they planning to put a new highway? Will school zoning change? Having the answers to these questions can help you make an informed decision on whether you want to live there or not.
We hope these tips will help you narrow down and select a neighborhood that will meet your needs and wants. Zia Crossing is a wonderful hobbs nm homes for sale community. French Brothers offers a wide selection of spacious homes starting from the high $100’s. If you are in the market for a new home that is in a great community we hope you will consider Zia Crossing. For additional information regarding the single family homes French Brothers offers please contact Darrell Carr or Angela Quintela of our sales team at 575-404-1834Tags: homes for sale hobbs nm, new homes hobbs nm