How to Organize Your Home for the Holidays in 10 Steps
Organizing Your Home for the Holidays in 10 Steps
Organizing your home for the holiday season can be an overwhelming concept. And with autumn officially upon us, its time to start preparing. Here are 10 tips to help you clean and prepare your home ahead of time for the holiday season.
- Assess your cutlery, cookware, serving utensils, and plates – Take stock of these items to make sure nothing is broken or that you’re not missing anything you’ll need to cook or serve your holiday dinners. Plan your table settings, get your serving plates and centerpieces ready and polish your silver or gold plated silverware, flatware, and plate ware.
- Check your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors – With all the holiday cooking, candles you’ll light, and fireplaces going you definitely want to make sure these are properly working. Replace the batteries in these detectors to keep you and your family safe this holiday season.
- Clean out your refrigerator and freezer – Throw out any food that has expired, you don’t want or is old. Start gathering snacks and foods you’ll need for your holiday gatherings.
- Clean your sofas and dining room chairs – You may find change, cereal, chips, or other items behind your sofa or even under the cushions. Don’t forget to clean your dining room chairs upholstery to ensure you and your guests aren’t sitting on anything sticky that can stain or ruin your holiday outfits.
- Clear off countertops – Your countertops can become the landing spot for bills, magazines, mail, newspapers, papers, and other miscellaneous items. File any bills or important bills, toss out old newspapers, and get rid of any papers you no longer need.
- Donate coats and clothes – Free up space in your closets and drawers by donating any clothes or coats you no longer want or need. This will make room for any overnight guest’s belongings.
- Organize your pantry and spices – Assess your pantry and spice drawer or rack and toss out anything that has expired, is stale or you haven’t used recently. Make a list of any items you need to replenish or will need to get to make your favorite holiday deserts or dishes.
- Self-clean your oven – Do this before you put your oven to work with all the delicious desserts you’ll bake or the holiday meals you’ll cook for your family and friends. This will ensure you’ll remove any burnt food or grease stains.
- Wipe down baseboards and cabinets – Do this to get rid of any dirt, dust, or marks that may have gathered here over time.
- Wipe down your microwave – Your microwave may be working overtime with all the leftovers you’ll be reheating or guests you’ll have over this holiday season. Wipe down the inside and outside of your microwave, clean your rotating plate and make sure it is working properly.
French Brothers offers families new homes in Alamogordo NM, Roswell NM, Las Cruces NM, & Hobbs NM in the most sought after home communities. Contact us today to inquire about our available homes for sale or to get more information on our communities!
SaveSaveTags: home builder hobbs nm, homes for sale hobbs nm, new homes hobbs nm