Last Minute Tips to Prepare Your Home for the Holidays
We are well into the holiday season. Hanukkah begins on Sunday and Christmas and Kwanza are next week. And whether you’ve delayed tidying up your home or just learned you’ll be hosting your friends and family this holiday season, you’re probably feeling a little overwhelmed. But don’t worry, our Chief Quality Inspector, Lily the French Bulldog, has seven last-minute tips to prepare your home in Hobbs for holiday guests and last-minute visitors.
- Prepare your guest room(s) – If you have guests that are spending the night you should start with the guest room first. Lily recommends a fresh supply of water and extra-large treats for your four-legged visitors as well as fresh bed sheets and comforter or quilt on the bed. Add extra pillows and a throw blanket for comfort. Make sure there is space in the closets or drawers for your guests to store their belongings.
- Focus on the main areas – There is no time to clean up every square inch of your home. Just focus on the main areas of your home such as the entryway, front porch, bathroom, dining room, kitchen, and living room. Wipe down surfaces, clean the windows, dust, mop the floors, and vacuum. Lily recommends you wash pet beds and throw rugs that might or might not have sustained an accident or two…oops! #sorrynotsorry #goodthingiamcute
- Clean the fridge and pantry – Check out the expiration dates of items and throw these out. You don’t want your family or guests to eat any expired or spoiled food or drinks.
- Stockpile supplies – You don’t want to run out of anything since there will be extra people in your home. Purchase extra toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, soap, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, and other essential items to get everyone through their stay.
- Child-proof your home – Will your guests be bringing any children? You will want to prepare your home for any kiddos. Make sure breakables are not in arms reach, electrical outlets are covered, and the stairs are blocked off. If children aren’t pet-friendly- Lily recommends leaving them at home!! LOL
- Purchase snacks – What do your guests like to eat and snack on? Pick up breakfast items, muffins, cookies, and other easy-to-go snacks they can munch on. Don’t forget the coffee, water, and soft drinks! Ask your guests ahead of time what they like to eat and drink so you can have their “usual” on hand. Lily recommends the soft and chewy milk bones – so good!
- Add a festive touch – Fresh flowers will add a nice touch to your home just be sure they are pet-friendly. Hang a wreath from your front door and put garland around the fireplace to bring in those seasonal touches into your home décor. Light up holiday candles to bring the smell of the holiday season into your home.
We hope these seven last-minute tips from Lily will help get your home prepared to have a joyful holiday season. From our homes in Hobbs NM family to yours, we wish you a wonderful time hosting and an abundance of holiday joy and memories to last a lifetime. Enjoy!Tags: home builder hobbs nm, homes for sale hobbs nm, Lilly Tips, new homes hobbs nm