Must-See Places in New Mexico
New Mexico is known as The Land of Enchantment because of its scenic beauty, culture and rich history. There are so many places in the state that are must-see’s. Here’s a list of six hidden gems of the Land of Enchantment we suggest you check out.
- Billy the Kid Museum and Gravesite (Fort Sumner) – Roughly 90 miles from your homes in Roswell NM community is where the infamous Western outlaw was laid to rest. There’s also a museum that is great for anyone who enjoys learning about the old west and outlaws of that time like Billy the Kid.
- Red Rock Park (Church Rock) – Red Rock Park provides scenic views of its red cliffs and a place to become isolated from your world for a few hours or so. There are semi-challenging trails to go hiking and also campgrounds. Red Rock Park is perfect place for an outdoorsy type of person who enjoys being surrounded by nature’s beauty.
- Sitting Bull Falls (near Carlsbad) – This gem is located in the canyon of Lincoln National Forrest and has a series of beautiful waterfalls. Take advantage or the 16-miles of trails to hike and the springs for a nice swim.
- The Spy House (Albuquerque, NM) – Now a bed and breakfast, this place is the exact location where Soviet atomic spy David Greenglass gave information to his contact about the Manhattan Project. Spend the night and even enjoy a murder mystery dinner that is held here once a month.
- Tinkertown Museum (Sandia Park) – This unique folk art museum is filled with antiques and Old West scenes by Ross Ward. Now in its 34th season, you have until October 31st to visit this one of-a-kind museum. You are sure to be left in awe after seeing these creative exhibits.
- Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary (Ramah) – Wolves are often misunderstood because of the “Big Bad Wolf” villain role. However, they are really shy and regal creatures. You can see the captive-bred wolves and wolfdogs up close and personal during a tour at the Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary.
The above-mentioned muse-see places in New Mexico are within driving distance from your homes in the Roswell NM community and can be great day trips or weekend getaways. We would like to hear from you. Which of these hidden gems have you visited and which would you add to the list? Let us know on our Facebook page.Tags: home builder roswell nm, new homes for sale roswell nm, new homes roswell nm