Nine Easter Decorating Tips
Easter is quickly approaching. As you prepare to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus use these nine tips to decorate your home.
- Easter Centerpiece – Eggs and Easter are synonymous with each other. Stuff a vase with fake Easter grass and place either plastic eggs or decorated eggs on top to complete the look. This will look spectacular as a center piece in your dining room.
- Candy and Candles – Get in the Easter spirit with Jelly Beans, Peeps and candles to create a lovely center piece. Fill a vase with Jelly Beans, place Peeps on top and then finish the look off with a neutral color candle.
- Snooping Bunny – A potted plant and an Easter bunny make for cute front patio décor. Get a stuffed bunny, or make your own, and place upside down in the pot.
- Cross Door Décor -The cross is the reason for Easter. Wire twigs together to make a cross, add colorful white dried flowers to it and then hang on your front door. This will create simple but elegant door décor.
- Window Décor – Welcome guests to your new home in las cruces nm with Easter inspired window decorations. Use felt and or construction paper to make cut out Easter bunny’s and eggs and hang up in your windows.
- Egg Garland – Get plastic eggs and place fishing line through them. The eggs should already have holes in them. Tie a few knots at the ends so the eggs don’t slip off the line. Then hang your egg garland on your mantle or staircase.
- Easter Message – Cut a piece of hardboard to fit inside of your wooden frame. Spray the surface with primer and let it dry. Next, paint the hard board with chalkboard paint. Two or three coats should suffice but just make sure you allow it to dry between applying the next coats of paint. Then use spring colored chalk to write a message or scripture like “He Is Risen.” This will look great on a hall table or above your mantle.
- Easter Wreath – Make an Easter wreath out of plastic eggs and Easter grass and cardboard. Cut a 12 inch circle into the cardboard, mark it about two to three inches and then draw another circle within the circle that first circle. Tie a ribbon at the top to create a hanger and then use hot glue to glue the plastic eggs around the circle. Next place some grass in between and then add your second layer of eggs. Add grass where needed and complete the look with a beautiful bow. This will look great as an indoor or outdoor wreath.
- Place Setting – Create a spring inspired table settle with dyed eggs and white paper. Use a hole puncher to cut out white circles and then glue onto your dyed eggs in a pattern of your liking. Put the finished product in a faux bird’s nest and add silverware wrapped in colorful napkins to add flair to your place setting.
We hope you and your family have a very Happy Easter! If you are interested in a new home in las cruces nm give French Brothers Homes a call at (575) 404-1740. We currently have two quick move-in homes available in Sonoma East starting in the low $300’s.Tags: homes for sale las cruces nm, new homes las cruces nm