NM Home Builders: Moving Tips to Help!
May is National Moving Month. As you prepare for your upcoming move French Brothers Homes, your favorite production builder out of all the NM home builders, offers up these five moving tips.
- Overnight Bag – One of the most important things to pack for your move is a readily available overnight bag for each member of the family. The bag can contain everything from toiletries, laptops and phone chargers to pajamas, medicines, and a change of clothes. Include whatever you think will help get you by for a day or longer since your belongings will mostly still be packed.
- Pack it up – Has a friend ever asked for you to help them move and when you got to their house they were still packing? Before your movers or friends show up it’s important to make sure everything is packed and ready to go. Though this seems like a no-brainer, we sometimes forget friends have been enlisted to help us move, not pack. Don’t waste their time or yours by being unprepared or even asking them to help you pack up things.
- Picture Perfect – How many of us can attest to disassembling electronics one moment and forgetting how to put them back together the next? Now throw into the mix moving across town or to another state and well it can get downright complicated. We suggest taking photographs of your electronics to remember how they were connected. You’ll be able to set them up in your new home with no problem.
- Plastic bags – In an eco-friendly society, we all know plastic bags can be used for a lot of things. This includes the genius idea of using them to pack clothes hanging on hangers. Simply bundle items hanging in your closet together and wrap them in the trash bag. Next, pull the drawstring around the hooks to easily transport them from your old closet to the new closet. Reuse the garbage bags for actual trash or something else instead of throwing them away.
- Stretch it out – Stretch wrap is one of the handiest packing materials you can ever use for your move. It’s ideal for keeping bulky or loose items bundled, safeguarding rugs, adding extra protection for furniture or keeping drawers and doors secured. We bet you’ll enjoy wrapping things up, and with proper supervision, you can probably invite the kiddos to help.
If you’re in the market for a new home consider French Brothers Homes. We’re one of the premier production home builders in NM with an array of communities and floor plans to choose from. This includes our Bristol Park community that’s in the final closeout phase. To make Bristol Park or one of our other spacious new homes in Alamogordo home, call French Brothers Homes today at 575-415-3324Tags: home builder alamogordo nm, home builder hobbs nm, home builder roswell nm, home bulder las cruces nm, new homes las cruces nm