Six Staging Tips to Sell Your Home
It doesn’t take a lot of money or a professional to get your home ready for show. Use these six staging tips to help your home more appealing to buyers.
- Prepare your home for show – A potential buyer may want to see your home whether you’re ready or not. That’s why you should always keep your home neat, organized, and clear of clutter and dust. Bathrooms should be clean, beds made, carpets vacuumed, floors waxed, countertops, tables and other surfaces cleared, furniture polished, pillows and cushions fluffed and straightened and windows cleaned.
- Curb appeal – First impressions mean everything. That’s why the inside of your home should be in tip-top shape as well as the exterior. You don’t want a potential buyer to look at your home and keep on looking at other Alamogordo NM homes. Make any changes, repairs or upgrades as needed to give the outside of your home great curb appeal. You can pressure wash your house, give the outside a fresh coat of paint, cut and water the lawn, prune the bushes, put out new flowers, repair or replace broken blinds or light bulbs, put out a new welcome mat down, etc.
- Depersonalize your home – Buyers want to envision themselves living in your home. The last thing they should see are traces of you and your family all over the home they may purchase. Get rid of any personal items such as collectibles, memorabilia, photos, and toys. If any rooms are painted in bold or bright colors you should also consider repainting your rooms a neutral color to appeal to a broader audience.
- Show off your storage – Buyers like storage! And they want lots of it. So don’t think you can just stuff everything in your closets. This space must be completely near and orderly because people will look in them. Also make sure you take out at least half of the items in your cabinets and closets to show potential buyers what they can have.
- Re-think your furniture – Get rid of any bulky furniture that you may have. Keep your furniture off the walls and position your seating in a way that encourages conversation. The goal is to make the space have good traffic flow and look bigger.
- Hide your four-legged pets – Our cats and dogs are a part of the family and we love them dearly. But that’s not necessarily the case for potential buyers. They could despise animals or even be allergic. So put away your pets, their food, toys, or litter box. Get a pet sitter when you’re planning an open house.
We hope these tips will help you sell your home. And since you are in the market for a new home we hope that you will consider a home by French Brothers Homes. We are proud to build in five Alamogordo NM homes communities. For information about Hermosa El Sol, Las Lomas, Palo Duro, Silverado, and Valencia please contact us at 575-404-1668.Tags: home builder alamogordo nm, homes for sale alamogordo nm