Six Tips to Get Re-Organized After the Holiday Season
From attending parties, eating plenty and having time off of work it is so easy to get out of whack during the holidays. But with the holiday season drawing to a close now is the perfect time to get re-organized. Here are six tips to get your life together again after the holiday season.
- Don’t be that “guy” – Decorating for the holidays is fun. But don’t be that person in your neighborhood to keep your holiday decorations well after the holidays are over. Take down your decorations and store them for next holiday season. Use bins and other storage units to keep them organized.
- Purge, purge, purge – While you’re putting away the decorations you should also organize your home by cleaning up and uncluttering. Clean out cabinets, closets, drawers, under the bed, etc. and discard or donate what you don’t need. If you plan on keeping something make sure you designate a rightful place for it.
- Regular cleaning schedule – Create a cleaning schedule so that your home stays tidy and doesn’t get out of hand with messes. Make your bed, put things away, wipe down countertops and straighten up the pillows and cushions on the couch daily. Do things like sweep or vacuum the floors on a weekly basis and clean out the fridge monthly.
- Daily meditation – We are busy people but it is oh so important to decompress from the daily hustle and bustle of life. Dedicate at least 15-20 minutes a day for quiet time.
- Disconnect – From our cell phones to laptops to TV shows to video games we are always plugged in. Disconnect from your electronics and spend quality time with the ones who matter most.
- Have fun – We get so caught up in life that we forget why we work so hard. Take time and do something fun like going on a day trip or vacation, seeing a movie or show, going bowling or ice skating, or playing golf.
*French Brothers is a premier home builder in Alamogordo NM offering growing families spacious, energy efficient new homes! If you are currently in the market for homes for sale in Hobbs NM, Alamogordo NM, Roswell NM, or Las Cruces NM, contact us today!Tags: homes for sale las cruces nm, new homes las cruces nm