Smart Ways to Save on Your Utility Bill
Every French Brothers home in Roswell nm comes standard with our Platinum Energy Package. This energy package helps the environment, helps your home deliver better protection for your family against cold, heat, moisture, pollution and noise and will also save you money. You can experience even more savings by using these nine smart ways to save on your utility bill.
- Air dry – Give your dishwasher and washing machine a break. Use a clothesline to dry your clothes and open the door to your dishwasher to dry them.
- Ceiling fans – Turn your ceiling fans clockwise to trap heat inside the rooms. This will help to keep your rooms warmer during cooler months.
- Cold water – Opt for washing your clothes in cold water instead of warm water to save energy.
- Dress warm – With autumn right around the corner temperatures in Roswell will be cooling down. Instead of turning up the thermostat, use throw blankets put on a sweater and socks to keep warm.
- Full loads – It takes the same amount of energy to wash your clothes or dishes in a small load as it does in a full load. Maximize your savings and energy by only running the dishwasher or washing machine when they are full.
- Light bulbs – One of the easiest and smartest ways you can save money on your utility bill is by using energy-efficient light bulbs instead of standard light bulbs. Compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) or Light Emitting Diode (LED) may be more expensive than standard light bulbs but they use less energy and will save you more money in the long run.
- Inside temperature – During the day you should set your thermostat to 68 degrees Fahrenheit while you are at home. Lower it to about 55 degrees at night or if you will be away from your home for a while.
- Surge protectors – Plug your electronics into surge protectors to preserve energy. Turn the surge protector switch off when you leave the room or if it is no longer needed to stop electricity from flowing. A surge protector will also safeguard your electronics just in case there is a power outage.
- Water use – Eliminate the amount of water you use on a daily basis. Wash clothes using the lowest setting your machine allows and turn off the water while you’re brushing your teeth. It is also more energy efficient to run the dishwasher versus washing dishes by hand. Opt for a shower over a bath because it uses less water.
We hope these tips will help you see significant monthly decreases in your utility bill. Do you live in one of our homes in Roswell nm communities? We’d like to hear from you on the smart ways you use to save on your utility bill at your Clover Meadow, Sorrento and Tijmor home.Tags: new homes for sale roswell nm, new homes roswell nm