Step One: Want to Sell Your Home? Here’s How to Prepare it for Sale
So the time has come for you to sell your home! Here are the steps you should take before putting your home on the market.
- Clean and declutter your home – Go through each room of your home, including the cabinets, closets, and drawers, to clean it thoroughly and get rid of the clutter in your home.
- Get rid of personalized items – Homebuyers will be looking at many new homes. The last thing they want to see are items that don’t match their personality or lifestyle. They need to be able to envision themselves living in your home. Remove items that will distract a buyer from seeing the true beauty of your home without having to see items related to your family, favorite hobbies, religion, profession, etc.
- Evaluate your home – Thoroughly inspect your home to make sure there are no problematic issues that a potential buyer will see and possibly deter them from purchasing your home. Look for leaks in the faucet, stains on the ceiling, broken doors, cracks in the walls, ceilings or floor, etc. You may also want to enlist the help of a home inspector to find issues you may have overlooked or aren’t as obvious to the naked eye.
- Fix problem areas – Once you know what needs fixing decide on what you should repair, upgrade, or leave for the new homebuyer to do. For example, you may want to change the carpeting or hardwoods in your home because that can increase the value of your home. But putting in new cabinets doors may not be necessary since the new homebuyer may want to change these things to match their tastes and lifestyle. Don’t forget to take into account the age of items like your hot water heater, roof, gutters, shingles, and HVAC system to make sure that those things do not need to be fixed or replaced.
- Touch up or repaint rooms – Touch up paint on walls that show hand prints, marks, scrapes, etc. You should also repaint rooms with colors like hot pink or lime green to a more neutral color. After all, that hot pink color in your daughter’s room probably isn’t the best way to attract buyers.
We hope that you will consider a French Brothers home since you are in the market for a new home. We are Builders that Careand have three homes in Alamogordo NM communities. Call our sales office today at 575-415-3324 to learn more!Tags: home builder alamogordo nm, homes for sale alamogordo nm, homes for sale hobbs nm, homes for sale las cruces nm, new homes alamogordo nm, new homes for sale roswell nm, new homes hobbs nm, new homes las cruces nm, new homes roswell nm