Tips for Decluttering After the Holidays
Lights are twinkling and festive holiday decorations are on display in the Las Cruces NM homes community of Sonoma Ranch-Verano. But in the coming weeks it will be time to put away the holiday decorations. Before you start throwing your decorations in bins and storing them away, it’s important to take the time and go through your holiday décor. Check out these five tips below to help declutter after the holidays.
- Evaluate your decorations – Get rid of any decorations that are outdated, broken, missing pieces, worn out, or you didn’t put out this year. There’s really no need to keep decorations around that have seen better days or you don’t plan on using any more. They’ll just pile up and add unnecessary clutter to your home. You’ll also be able to take stock of what needs to be replaced and take advantage of the holiday clearance sales.
- Implement storage solutions – Whether you have an artificial Christmas tree, wreath, holiday lights, wrapping paper, or ornaments, there are storage solutions specifically for your items to keep them safe. Use these solutions to keep your décor protected until it’s time to bring them out again next year. Put each holiday in a designated bin. Clear bins are perfect for seeing exactly what you have in each bin. However, you can incorporate a labelling or picture system to help you out as well.
- Place your holiday décor in one location – Store your decorations in one location. This way you can easily find them when it’s time to pull them out next year instead of having to look for your decorations all over the house.
- Get one, give one – Donate old toys your kids have outgrown or no longer want to make room for their new toys.
- Purge your drawers and closets – Go through your clothes closets and linen closets. Get rid of any old sheets or clothes that are worn, no longer fit, or you just don’t want. Doing this will free up space in your closet and make room for anything you’ve recently got or will buy in the future.
Following these tips will hopefully help you minimize the clutter in your home as well as help to make decorating a little bit easier next year. Your French Brothers Homes family wishes our Las Cruces NM homes homebuyers a great holiday season and a prosperous New Year!Tags: home bulder las cruces nm, homes for sale las cruces nm, new homes roswell nm