Tips for Creating a Cozy Reading Nook
Whether you’re part of a book club with your homes in Alamogordo NM neighbors or just enjoy reading, there is nothing like escaping distractions and diving into a good book. Creating a reading nook is a great way to make a retreat within your home. So how can you create one? Here are five tips for creating a cozy reading nook.
- Pick out a location – Figure out where you would like to put your reading nook. This can be in the attic, loft, alcove in your bedroom or window, in the corner, under the stairs, in your garden, or another place all together. Your reading nook should be a snug and warm space that you may decide to put in an isolated and quiet so you can dive into your book with little to no interruption.
- Decide on your seating – Now that you know where your reading nook is going to be located, it’s time to figure out your seating. Does the space require an arm chair, bench with cushions and lots of pillows, beanbag, chaise, day bed, floor cushion, hammock, or love seat? Decide on a comfortable seating option that will encourage reading.
- Select your lighting – Lighting is an essential component to making your reading nook work. Lighting options may include natural light, a reading lamp, floor lamp, pendant light, or a combination of these. Select the lighting option that works best for the space, won’t strain your eyes or cause headaches.
- Include a table – If there is enough space, we suggest adding a side table or some type of tabletop for your reading nook. Here you’ll be able to place your book, newspaper, cup of coffee, or snacks. You may even be inspired to write your own novel so don’t forget your pen and pad.
- Personalize your space – Make your reading nook unique to you so that it’s comfortable and inviting. This will definitely help to make your space complete. Add throw pillows, blankets, a plant, and anything else. You may also want to add shelving, floating bookcases, or unique book shelves like a leading ladder, skyline shelf or a fire escape shelf to house and keep your books close.
French Brothers would like to hear from our homes in Alamogordo NM. Share your decorating tips thoughts and tips for creating a cozy and How have you decorated your reading nook?Tags: homes for sale alamogordo nm, new homes alamogordo nm