Tips on Selling Your Home in the Winter
Selling your home during winter can be challenging. Though colder temperatures and the occasional inclement weather can keep people inside, there are serious buyers all year round and therefore you are in a great position to sell your home in winter. Selling your home during the winter just means it’s vital to showcase your home to potential buyers in an appealing and cozy manner. Use these ten tips to help sell your home this season and get into a new French Brothers home in Las Cruces NM faster.
- A picture is worth a thousand words. This especially rings true when it comes to selling your home because the first look your potential homebuyer will have of your home is on the Internet. Pictures you take to sell your home will entice buyers to see your home in person. Capture your home in the best light by taking photos of your home on a nice, sunny day. You may even want to display photos of your home that were taken during the spring and summer months so they can see your home in full bloom.
- Inclement weather doesn’t necessary deter potential buyers from halting their house hunt. Place a mat by the front door and have hooks and containers to hold wet articles (coats, umbrellas and shoes).
- Create a welcoming feel by bringing in light. Open the shutters, push back the drapes and pull up the blinds to allow natural light to come into your home. We encourage showcasing your home during daylight hours because potential buyers will be able to see it in its true light. Keep your home well lit when it’s being shown by keeping every light in the house on, including appliance, closet and hall lights. Keep the exterior of your home well lit for evening showings and drive-by visitors.
- Add texture and warmth to your home by adding throws and pillows in your living room and family room.
- Make inside temperatures warm and cozy for potential buyers. This will especially give them a reason to linger around your home on a cold day.
- Do not use plug in air fresheners, spray anything or light scented candles in your home because potential buyers can be allergic to those deodorizers or scents.
- Give your front doors, trim and garage door a fresh coat of paint for a vibrant look that will add to your home’s curb appeal.
- Place fresh flowers in your bathrooms, bedrooms and foyer to add life to your home.
- Keep your home clean by eliminating clutter, vacuuming, polishing mirrors, faucets, hardware and furniture, cleaning out the fridge, washing the windows and dusting off ceiling fan blades, light fixtures and furniture.
- Price your home to sell. This doesn’t mean you should list it below its current market value however. List it at an affordable price that is comparable to what other homes on your street or in the neighborhood are being priced at.
Contact our Sales Team at 575-404-1740 since you’re in the market for a home for sale Las Cruces NM. Sonoma East has six fabulous floorplans to choose from ranging from 1,800 to 2,400 square feet. Homes finishes can be personalized to your liking and are available in three different elevations. We currently have two quick move-in homes available starting in the low $300’s.Tags: homes for sale las cruces nm, new homes las cruces nm