Whats Next After Closing on your New Home in Alamogordo
House hunting can be an exciting but stressful and arduous journey. And even though you’ve closed on your dream home and keys have been handed over, your journey is not over quite yet. Here’s what you should do after closing on your Alamogordo new home.
- You came up with a strategy to find a new home and you should do the same after closing. Make of list of what needs to be accomplished and what you need. Also decide on what room(s) to unpack first. Usually setting up the kitchen or bedrooms first is very helpful so you’ll have a place to break, eat and rest. Having a good plan will make moving less stressful.
- Pack a bag for move-in day supplies. A change of clothes, soap, paper plates, plastic cups, paper towels, toilet paper, bottled water and other necessities will definitely come in handy.
- Call the utility companies to get service set up prior to moving. Hooking up the cable, Internet and phone service isn’t as pressing. Decide if you want to handle this beforehand or once you’re finished moving.
- It’s a good idea to have backup papers of all the essential closing documents from the move. Make extra copies of these papers and keep at home and in a safety deposit box for safe keeping.
- A new address means personal information needs updating. Place a change of address with your current post office, notify creditors of your new address, order new bank checks and change your car insurance and driver’s license information.
- Misplacing a key can easily happen with so much going on after closing and during the actual move. Make extra copies and keep in safe places just in case it gets lost or the kids need one.
We’re so happy you’ve decided to make Bristol Park, Palo Duro, Pueblo Real or Silverado your new home in Alamogordo. Welcome to the French Brothers family and congratulations on purchasing a new home!Tags: home builder alamogordo nm, homes for sale alamogordo nm